Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Beyond fustrated

Please forgive this little rant, but I can't seem to get passed a few things that happened at work today without writing about it and get it out of my system this way, before it eats away at me and ruins what could/should be a nice relaxing evening with my husband. He being in good spirits and my mood putting a shadow over it, I just need a release. So here it is:

Some people at work need to stop being duplicitous. If you are a person in a position where you have underlings of any kind, you need be sure that you treat everyone under you in the same manor. You SHOULD not extend curtsies to some and not others. An example of this is when you have people who have vacation time left to use before the end of the year and you know this and one person has come to you with a request to use that time and you ignore it and don't respond to it and make that person hunt you down to ask you for a response to that request and you fluff it off and another person under you asks for time off and you make sure she gets it. This does nothing to instill confidence in your leadership abilities. This does not make people want to jump up and yell their support for you. I thought this was a work place, not high school, though I guess when the person in question was a former student of mine and not too long out of high school, I guess this is not a surprise. I know I am not great shakes at instilling confidence in myself as I don't carry myself with confidence and it shows to others. I hate this about myself and strive to fix this about myself.

The other incident at work that bothers me is this: why if someone above you has no issue with something that is happening and all but basically pushed the situation on me, why would you go out of your way to make sure there is an issue. If the person above you doesn't seem to have an issue, then don't go out of your way to make sure there is one. I have done nothing to either person and the fact both seem to try and go out of their way to try and make my experience at this job uncomfortable and more stressful then it needs to be.

So to end this rant, please if you are a boss of any kind, remember that people notice things, talk to others, share what's happening and it doesn't always look good for you or the people you are supposed to be in charge of. If others see that you are treating someone a certain way, they will think there's a good reason as you are the boss and that doesn't help your people work as a team like you say you want them.

In other news, the new work hours I have now have renewed the good vibes in my marriage. I think  my husband and I haven't been closer. I am enjoying the companionship we have as we share the chores that seem tedious when doing them alone. We have encouraged each other to make it down to exercise. It's just been nice spending some down time together and still getting the chores out of the way. So in that aspect, work has been good to me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment