Wednesday, December 31, 2014

New Year

Well friends, it's that time of year again. A time where we all make lists of things we want to do or goals we want to accomplish. It's also the time of year when these mostly go unfulfilled within hours of being set. I know I have made mention before that finishing my book was my gold/resolution. In a way I have fulfilled this by working on it throughout the years. Smaller goal of just to write whether on here, fb, my personal journal, something, anything to just write. This advice was provided by my favorite author, Laurel K Hamilton. It is something I take to heart when I hear her give this advice when she does interviews or does any con visits. So to start the new year with same goals in mind, being closer then I had been to making it come true, I am posting this blog tonight.

Why you may ask am I not out or preparing to go out to bring in the new year. Quite frankly, it's because I wasn't asked. I used to have standing plans with a friend, but she now goes off and does her own thing. What about my husband you ask? Well I'll tell you. The few time when we were dating and were together on new years eve, which was only twice, 1 of those times we went out, the other time we stayed at my house with my parents and he feel asleep on my couch. Ever since we've been married, we really haven't done much. We had a few gatherings once in awhile at our place, but nothing big or really planed out. Trouble is you have to know what you want to do, ask your intended guests, and be prepared for them. The few times we had company on this night, it was always last minuet thrown together and finding those who didn't already have plans that could attend.  Usually this was because a day or so before the "big event" my husband would finally decide that he wanted company or to do something. Well I heard him talking to his Dad and he must have asked what our plans were and my husband replied "nothing ever since coming to this dump." Like there are not places throwing parties or restaurants having activities or extended hours. No he comes home in a pissy mood on purpose. Doesn't talk to me and proceeds to fall asleep in his chair as early as possible and pretends like I don't want to do anything or that we can't still go somewhere. His plans are to sleep the night away and then in the morning take all the Christmas things down. So I get to sit around by myself, kiss no one like I was back in middle school and not really dating yet, though I have someone to kiss, and bring in the new year all by my lonesome. To top it off. I get to use the only day I get off for this holiday doing all the work of putting the house back in order. It's not like last week were I got the day after Christmas off too. At least for me anyway. He gets tomorrow and Friday off, plus the weekend. Who will be doing all the work he insists gets done? Me. Though I'll stay up till midnight and he's the one with all the rest.

Enough of the rant though. Back to my original thought. So many people say  new year new me and similar phrases. Too many of us forget or break those things too early in the new year to have even really attempted them. That is why my goal is to stay steady on the course I have recently taken to get my book completed. I know I am the type that needs a dead line or else I'll procrastinate as long as I can, just like most people. Though with the new hours that just started before all this holiday stuff got in the way I have a steady plan in place to meet this goal. I believe in the not so far future I will have that book completed. I am hoping so anyway. So while I am at least ending this year on a note that gets me moving in the direction I want the new year to go in, though not happily, I wish you and yours all the best in the upcoming year. May you all set goals that are achievable so you don't want to give up at the first sign of failure.

Here's to the New Year !!!!!!!!   

No comments:

Post a Comment