Friday, June 05, 2015

Getting excited

Hello all !

Well I am getting excited for an event coming up that I am going to be lucky enough to attend. Anyone who has read any of my more recent blogs knows that I LOVE  Laurell K Hamilton. Anything she's written and any event she attended that was filmed. As we are getting close to her latest Anita Blake novel release, I am happy to announce that I am going to be lucky enough to be able to finally attend one of these events in person. She is only putting on a few of these for this latest novel. One of these is finally going to be near enough to where I live that it would be fees-able to even consider attending. So with that being said, a plan was hatched to make it happen. So now I am pleased to announce that I will be definitely be going and am so happy. Though it wouldn't be me if something didn't happen that would make this possibly not happen. There was an event that occurred a few days ago that almost kept me from being able to go. Even though I would have been saddened to not make it, for what happened I wouldn't grudge for one moment having to miss out. Not to say I wouldn't be disappointed, but... Thankfully I don't have to make that choice. Of course there was the typical bull that my corporate job puts me through when it comes to getting time off. It started when I found out about the event months ago and immediately put in for the time off. Of course it was denied and I had to fight for it for the last 2 months so I could go. Ironically the same day that the event occurred that would have kept me from going, is the day that my job finally approved the time off. Of course the job wasn't the aspect making this difficult. Some rules set up regarding the event tend to make it difficult for out of towners to attend. It's almost like they don't want the tourist money that would be raised for 2 people needing a hotel and food and just in general spending money in there city. So trying to work with the people of the store hosting the event has been good, but lots of phone tag and still the pre-order is not done. Days before the event and I can't say that I am impressed with how it's being handled. The person is pleasant enough, but I just don't understand why it's got to be so hard. I didn't want to have to go back and forth and back and forth from where I am staying and where the event is being held. Though at this point I have no choice but to do this and leave earlier then I had intended . Though I am just glad to be attending. I am also glad to be seeing an old friend I haven't seen in over a decade. Things usually have a way of working out and I am hoping that in all the stress and obstacles faced to get to the event, the more I will enjoy and hold dear the memories that attending will make.

On a slightly, but not all different note, a co-worker who is a published author whom talked to me about his writing group is now back at work in my office. I am glad to report that not only did we resume our friendship and talks about writing again, but have someone whom I can reach out to and be able to get advice from and play ideas off of. I am so pleased with this outcome that I can only say this gets my writing juices flowing again and that my book is only going to be all the stronger for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment