Sunday, August 30, 2015

deeply trubled and sadened

Well friends I am back ! That's the good news The reason why I'm back is not. To get a real understanding of the current situation, let me take you back almost 9 years ago to the planing of my 30th birthday party. Wanted to host a party for family and friends for the milestone birthday. However, the year I was turning 30 by birthday landed on a Sunday.Now not a problem normally, but a lot of my family was on a bowling league. Yes don't laugh, bowling. It's something that my parents enjoyed when I was a child and once my brother moved back he wanted to bowl with his wife and my parents on a league. Long story short, at least 4 members of my family were on a league that stated the Sunday of my birthday. So needless to say as it's the first night for those not in the know, you decide a lot of things with the first meeting/night of season. Most of which will affect how much you have to pay. Needless to say the idea of family not being a part of my party distressed me. Needless to say tears ensued and my wonderful husband dried those tears and helped a compromise that we were all good with. Though I didn't really like it, I had the party the night before. I then went out with a small group of friends till after midnight so I'd be out on my birthday.  After that party, I really never tried to plan anything for it again. I figured as long as they bowled it would be pointless to try and set anything up without running into the same issues time and again.

So for the last eight years I have not really done anything for my birthday. That's not to say I didn't spend a nice day out and about with my hubby. I just never had a big party. This year I decided I wanted to do something nice for my birthday that wouldn't just be the 2 of us. I wanted a party so I can be around all the people who make up my life. The idea that family were supposed to spend time together and be there for these type of things, which is one of the reasons my brother moved back home after being away 16 years. So here I am trying to plan a party to celebrate my last year in my 30's and trying to get a head count and turns out some family members can't make it again due to bowling. Now some others can't make it and those I can understand. one is going away for basic training, the other and her fiance have plans that night and she already has to get time off of work for that. Now with the family members not not attending due to bowling will have 2 of there 4 kids miss out on party as well. So now I am down 4 from the 20 we gave the restaurant. I was thinking there were going to be more, not less. Look I get that the first night when part of a team is important and really can't be missed. I have a friend missing for bowling too, but she I can understand. It's the family I can't. God wants us to put family first. I feel that I am always being pushed aside and forced to do things I don't want to do because others won't  be there for me.

Family member in question stated that the day after my party I could always just do one just the family at my parents house. I just didn't want to do the half assed party that would entail. I wanted to avoid that by having this party on my terms. I know the family member in question really wants to go and depending on things may still be able to go, but it's just hurtful that I can't count on them to be there for me when I need them. It's just disappointing that I come in 2nd to a game. It feels like it's always something. I have to make concessions for them if I want them to be a part of things, but they won't for me if I had something that would stop me from attending one of their events.  

No comments:

Post a Comment