Thursday, August 25, 2005

The weekend and beyond

The weekend started out on a bad note when on Friday night I was so tired after work that I didn't even want to drive home. I didn't want to drive to my parents either. However, they are closer to where I work then my house is so I ended up there even though I wasn't planing on it. The next day I was going with my Dad and brother out of state to visit my Grandmother in her nursing home.

The good news of the weekend is that she is doing well. She was alert and in good spirts, which is always nice to see. The only thing that worries me is her growing attachment to a stuffed dog that she takes to wraping up in her sweater (she always had one with her for as long as I've known her just in case) and acting like it's real. Other then that she's as much like her old self as can be expected for someone who is 93.

The 10 hour trip up and back (in one day mind you) kills all of that day and tires everyone out from being in the car that long. It's worth it however because at least we get to see her and say we did before she dies. It is good to know that at the age of 28, my borther being 38, and sister being 36 still have one remaining grandparetn to go visit.

However, my Aunt (Dad's sister) doesn't seem to think like that. It's only her family that is important and matters. Just because she never moved far away from her parents and my Dad was stationed far away (where he met my Mom)she takes it out on him that he and we can't be there for every little issue that pops up. She thinks our monthly visits are not enough. When my Grandpa died it was we'll plan things for when my cousin who lives in Virgina can make it up, not for anyone else's convenence. Thank god my borhter had flown in from California before he died or else he might have missed it with that attitude. Enough Aunt bashing for one day. She does have it hard with having to deal with it all and I feel for her I really do, but she doesn't need to take it out on my Dad or us like we are second class citizens next to her family.

Sunday was a good day. Was kept awake after and early am run to the potty by m husband and he wanted me to go food shopping with him so after resting a littl emore and hangin gout with him we went. Then even though I didn't go to church I went to my parents to visit the family. It's the only day of the week where I get to see my sister, brother and in-laws and their kids. Of course thsi day ended horribly.

When my Dad was over mid week to do the yard work and had gotten a drink, he noticed our fridge wasn't working that well. So he looked around and saw the back coils filled iwth dust so he cleaned it out and thought that was going to be that. Well when I got back from my parents the ice cream that I had just bought that day was mush so I had to call Dad and get him over because there was lots of dust in the front, but I couldn't really get at that well withthe vacume so he was going to help then just in case the next day we needed to call someone. Well I thought we had it fixed because it started to cycle on and off which it hadn't been doing lately. However, it didn't fix the problem. So Monday bright and early I called a repair guy and he came and told me it would cost too much to fix the problem and I'd be better off buying a new one. So I called into work, packed everything up out of the fridge and freezer and broght it over to my parents to store there so it wouldn't go bad. Then my Dad and I drove all over town compairing prices on fridges and finally bought one.

Of course we couldn't get same daay delivery so I went back to their house for supper and was hoping to be joined by my husband because there was no food at our house. He never came and I passed out there for the night because I was beat and I needed to pack all my stuff the next day to bring back to my house to make sure I had everything. Of course I forgot a few thigns, but I was packing in a hurry early in the morning.

So now it's tuesday and it's garbage day at my house. So I had to get all the green waste and twigs and stuff out to the curb before I left to go to work and Dad was over helping me do that and wanting to be there when they dropped off the fridge. So I was doing that they came and set up the fridge and then I showered and left for work. What a weekend.

Well so far the weeks been crazy and I hope that the end of the week brings better news or luck or less crazyness. Oh and BTW you might be asking what happened to my husband during all this. Well Sunday night when he saw the ice cream he stormed upstairs in a big fit because we were going to have to trow away all the food we just bought and then he was at work when the repair guy told me the bad news and threw at fit over the phone that he wanted me to call someone else to come and that's all we needed is to get a new fridge. He even nic picked that I didn't find a cheap enough price when I got us a really good deal on a stainless steal fridge. Now today Thursday he's picking on me for forgetting a few thigns and I guess expected me to go run and get them. So It's been one crazy week and I just can't wait for it to be over.

No comments:

Post a Comment