Friday, April 26, 2013

Frustrated writer.

Now for a rant.

I recently wanted to go back to my pda for my writing instead of hand writing. The idea is the word program I had (key word there is had, more in a moment) on my pda would link to my computer when I "HotSynced" it to my computer. then I'd copy and paste to word. Done this in the past when I first started writing this book and it worked. No having to waste time typing up what I wrote because all of it was typed. You might ask wasn't that a pain with a styles. Answer no. My husband had thought of that and bought me a full keyboard that folds up that the pda attaches to and when set up looks like a mini computer. So back to my original rant. It's been years since I've used it and as I already posted, concerned about running out of space and having to start another notebook before I finish this book. So I decided to go back to what worked in the past and get moving on the typing and use my pda again. I finally after many starts got the thing to finally turn on. Later that day when I went to use it on lunch @ work I discovered I didn't have the word program anymore. Come home that night and finally get the thing to HotSync with my computer thinking once I did the program would come back with all my other data, NOPE. Now trying to find a word program for my pda so I can finally get to use it like I want and find everything but what I want in searches. Every time I think I might have hit on what I wanted, it turns out to be a big goose egg. So if anyone has any suggestions on where I can find/download a word program info would be greatly appreciated.

Of course was frustrated last evening trying to do this as my husband watches me struggle. This morning more searching was fruitless before work. Husbands promise of help didn't happen and still can't find anything. Other things happened this morning before work that also added extra stress before leaving and even while trying to get to work. So can't wait till book is done and published and hopefully hits it big enough so I can just work from home. All this leads to restless sleep as this was still on mind and just not in mind fram to bo @ work let alone write while there. Of course it was  so busy today I wouldn't have gotten anything written anyway, but that's besides the point. Mind set is half the battle of any job, especially a writer.

End rant. 

No comments:

Post a Comment