Thursday, June 06, 2013

Pet Peeve Rant

hi all !!

      I am sorry to subject to all to rants or fit of peek, but on top of what's going on personally, my work has been getting on my nerves as well. So to possibly help with the recent frustration, I am going to post about it.So here it goes. If you call a customer service #, be prepared to give what is asked of you so they can pull up the account. Don't say I don't have my account # or I don't have any of my paper work with me. If you are not prepared, the call just takes longer to get through. 2nd, please don't call in if you are not going to be able to talk the moment a representative comes on the line. Which means as soon as someone picks up you don't ask them to hold to answer another phone or talk to someone else. It ESPECIALLY means don't call when you are placing a lunch order at a fast food place. We don't want to hear what you or your kids are going to be eating. 3rd, don't argue with the person over verification of phone or address info. The more you argue over having to do it, the longer it takes to get to the point of why you were calling. Last but not least no back story about old phone or address info. If you are told that the phone or address provided isn't the one the representative is seeing on the screen, please use the brains God gave you to think back to an old address or phone, without saying you haven't lived there in 10 years or changed your phone # so often that you don't remember. 

    Now these are not all, but the most recent peeves that have been coming up at work and just have had me say "oh my God" during or after most calls. I know some of it was that I haven't slept well the last few nights. Now that I am getting proper rest again, I am trying to get my peek under control, but the constant reminder of how dumb people can be is just grating on me and can't take it much more. Please people try and be understanding that the person on the phone wasn't the one you spoke to that pissed you off that made you call back and don't take it out on them. Please be prepared to talk to a person with the correct info to have them help you in the fastest way possible. Remember more and more these people are getting paid per call and can't not afford to listen to you order your lunch, listen to back stories that have nothing to do with helping with the bill you are calling about. I could be earning so much more money if people would just be prepared, listen the first time I say something so I don't have to repeat the  same info 3 or more times, and if they would not ramble. So please keep these things in mind the next time you have to call into some place for assistance.

No comments:

Post a Comment