Saturday, June 29, 2013

More set backs/acknolgements

Hi All !!!

      Well another set back to the pda/computer and writing situation. My new computer (which I am loving btw) is not playing nice with the pda. I am trying hard not to freak as I am trying to get my work done and not able to upload to my computer what I have already got done this past week. I know I can use my computer and not the pdfa over the weekend, but really need to get my work uploaded. Trying to figure out what the issue is and fix it. Also making time to make sure all my files from my old computer have been uploaded to the new one to make sure before giving it to my sister I don't lose anything. Even though sleep study this week caused a set back in work the day after, was able to get more done that night and the rest of the week.

      The acknowledgement I mentioned came from my hairdresser. Now I know she's also being nice for wanting to keep a customer, however, her acknowledgment of liking my work was treasuring. I had mentioned to her about my working on the novel and having her do my hair for the author photo for the jacket (someday) and she had said she wanted to read it. I had my pda with me when I had my hair appointment so let her read some of it. She would have liked to read more, but my hair was drying too quickly for her to get too far, but she had said she really liked what she got to read. She told me I was really good. That means a lot. She didn't have to say she liked it or the other nice things she said. She could have just said it was nice and moved on, but had complimented it thoroughly and asked questions. I am glad I showed her. Her compliments meant a lot to me as I am I am usually totally embarrassed when some one reads my work in front of me. Especially if I am not sure if people will like it.

      On a personal note, too much rain has caused my area to be flooded and I thank God the little wetness in my basement was the worst we suffered. Others fared not as well and I pray that they get back to normal as soon as possible. Can't wait till the rest of my work for the day is done so I can continue with my writing. More house work to do :-(    That's what I get for slacking during the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment