Monday, January 08, 2007

Catching Up

Hey all !! I am catching up on all the things a long trip keeps you from being able to do. I went to visit my grandmother this weekend. Actually just a one day very long 10 hour day spent in the car for about a 2 hour visit with her. She is in a nurseing home in Mass. She is now pretty deaf and not really knowing who we are anymore. It's sad to see, but @ least @ 94 and me @ 30 I can say I still have her around. My other Grandparents are dead and she's the only one I have left. I hate seeing her not remembering who we are anymore from even 2 years before when she did. It is unusual for us to go this time of year, but because the weather has been warmer then usual for this time of year and we have no snow @ all, not just that the roads are clear, we took the opertunity to extend out monthly trips to this month. I was glad to be able to go this time. The last few times my Dad and Brother went I wasn't able to go becuase it was too short notice to work out getting off from work (yes I work on the weekends for 4 hours on Sat mostly), this time because I was able to work out getting off from work I was able to go. It was nice to see her. It was a nice car trip both ways and the weather was great for traveling.

I finally got the last few remaining Christmas things out of the house. Manily just taking the lights and garland off the tree and taking that down. I hadn't had to do that in the ladt 3 years so I forgot what a pain it is. Usualy at the other house I was able to store my tree with lights, garland and angel on. We don't have the space here @ the new place to do that so down it came. My husband was helpful too. While I was gone he put things up in the attic from our porch that needed to go up there and last night he helped put the last christmas bins from the porch up there. I felt bad leaving along all day on Sat going on this trip, but it was good to come home to him being awake and just seeing him. So that pretty much catches you up from the weekend.

I know I am not doing this right, but as anyone who reads this might have read, I am a huge Harry Potter fan. One site that I go to all the time is www.theleakycauldron.org. One thing they do is have a pod cast that is deadicated to Harry Potter. It's called PotterCast. They had things in the past where if you meantion them in your blog and link back to them or whatever there was some deal they would give you from their store. ANyway I am not looking for that because I don't even think they are doing that anymore, but I did want to meantion that I read their site and listen to their Podcast and lvoe both. Anyone who is a Potter fan should (if they don't already) go to the dite and listen to their Podcast. Now I also go to Mugglenet.com, but am trying to catch up on past Podcasts that I haven't listend to the Muggle boys Podcast yet so I can't say whether I like it or recomend it, though their site is really cool so I am sure their Podcast is cool. Well that's my little sale pitch for the two top sites I go to for Potter news and updates. Happy surfing !!

No comments:

Post a Comment