Monday, January 01, 2007

A New Year

Hey all. I know it's been a long, long time since my last post. Well there are a bunch of new things to update you all on. Well Since my last post so many months back, we did find a place (finally and too long of a story to really go into) and moved out of the other house. This new house is nice and I have a wonderfully comfortable feeling here. It is a little crowded and seems cluttered because we had too much stuff to try and fit into it from the otehr place. Especially when we first moved in. Boxes were everywhere and cramed in here that in what is now the computer room was so packed with boxes and stuff that just to put up blinds in the window, my dad and I had to move things out and in teh way in the living room and push other boxes and thing sout of the way just to make a small trail to get to the window. Of course now almost a month since the closing, the boxes are empty and things are put away and in their proper place. Now that that is done, it feels more like home and is fully functional. Of course there are still things that are not unpacked like all our books because we don't have enough bookshelves and space to figure out where to put one once we buy one. That is the only problem I really have with this place is that and the parking situation. Eitehr I have to call my husband just before leaving work so he can be up and in his car pulle dout on the street till I get there to pull in behind me or I have to get up @ 4:30 am to move my car out of his way so he can go to work. Hoepfully we'll be able to get something better figured out soon. Other then that the house is just fine. I am glad that all these months of worrying and packing and looking are behind us. I am also glad that my husband seems to be doing better along the lines of wanting to come home, not making me upset or miserable about not wanting to come home or go home wher we are out together because of neighbors. Speaking of which we still haven't meant any of our new ones. So things ended on a good note for 2006. Lets just hope that it continues through the new year.

The holidays were good for us. It was a crazy time to have guests and as much as I said I don't know about having the in-laws come up so soon after moving in for the holidays I am glad they came. It was a lot of work though getting all unpacked and settled and decorated for Christmas in such a short time (thank God for saved vacation time), but in the end it all worked out even though I did get a little stressed not thinking it was all going to get done in time. Add to that my 43 year old cousin dying and having a funeral to go to 4 days before Christmas into the mix and I was a down right mess. Again due to some miricle or someone watching over me all my shopping, unpakcing, decorating, and wrapping got done and the visit and the holidays went smoothly. I hope everyoen who reads this has a great new year and enjoyed their celebrating responcibily.

No comments:

Post a Comment