Saturday, May 11, 2013

A bit of family happiness

Hi all !!

    Today this is going to be a personal blog. Today, in my family we celebrate a wonderful milestone that most do not get to do in this day and age where everyone is so hot to get divorced and switch spouses they are switching shoes, today is my parents 50th wedding anniversary. There has been only 1 other couple in my family that I can recall that celebrated this milestone. That was my grandparents on my Dad's side. I still have the picture that my aunt had done of them to celebrate that occasion on top of my computer desk where I can see it everyday. So you can see how important this day is to me.

     In all the years growing up where there big fights and talk of divorce, I didn't think we'd make it to this day. However, as I grew older and gotten married myself, I can see how hard they worked to make sure that, despite the things that happened back then, they stayed together. Without seeing that and having them as an example to fight through the petty arguments, or even larger ones and not let them eat away @ the love that brought u together in the first place, I would have given up on my marriage or even never had gotten married in the first place. They are the best people I know. They support their children in all their endeavors and only want what's best for them.They are there without question, unflappable in their resolve to give only the best to us and give us what we need when we need it no matter the cost to them. I was blessed to be part of this family when God decided to surprise my parents with me 8 years after their last child had been born and they had thought they were done with children. If I could have chosen my own parents, I wouldn't have chosen a different set. Not matter the petty family squabbles that occur in every family, the love they have for us got us all through tough times and still do. They are the best parents ever !! So Mom and Dad, to you, with great vigor, I say HAPPY ANNIVERSARY !!!

   To celebrate this great moment in our family, we are having a party for them. Even though they don't know about it yet (shhh it's a surprise !!) I don't think there is any better way for us to repay them the great honor of being our parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment