Sunday, May 05, 2013

Full of sunshine

Nothing about writing today. I must say that work has been quite busy and when it's not reading the classic Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier is taking up my time. Only on page 106 and have had it a week. Granted haven't had the time to read as much as I would like, but still. I am tryign to enrich myself by getting back into reading the classics. I just feel stupid that it's taking me so long to get through it.

On to the sunshine. The weather here has been perfect all weekend. Sunny and about 75 degrees. Today I worked in my garden. Weeded it and smoothed it and finally put a weed cover over it so only the flowers can come up and should keep back most of the weeds. Now need more dirt and more seeds to fill the rest of it. Love days like this when got Church out of the way early, got the yard work I wanted done out of the way and am proud that I did it. Now I just got the gift for the big event to finish and blood work to take care of during the week. Other than that maybe this girl can have some down time except for playing in the sunshine :-D  Loved taking my walk yesterday. Might do that again today too. It may seem silly to feel proud for working in the garden and getting it ready to plant and trying to grow beautiful flowers to liven up my back yard, but it makes me happy and me happy gets the writer in me going :-D Granted it's been hard to get focused back on my book, but this yard work that relaxes me will get back into the frame of mind I need for my characters to come and play.

No comments:

Post a Comment