Wednesday, May 08, 2013

Writers Rant

I want to rant for a moment about my hometown and being a writer. I know we are a small city/town and can't have all the glitz and options of a big city. However, as a writer in this town there are no agents, or publishers in this area. Well there is one that you pay to have to pay them to have your stuff published. Though not necessarily a bad thing because my friend who helps me out did that with her book, but the lack of options or help in a budding writers quest to get published can be a real downer.

I have to say things are on a cusp of either going very bad or can start going back to up to where it used to be when I was growing up here. If I get published and get popular to the point where I can have some influence, things that my family and I don't like that's going on here can be helped. I really want to do some good here, but without the funds to run for any local office or without being well known in the area like those who can influence the way things are around here, I am at a stale mate. What I would do if I could get published and get popular, any chance I would get during a tour would be to bring attention for the need for change here and the urging of the people here to not let this town die. I just want my home, my family to be safe and have a safe place to grow. I don't want to have to split my family apart by having to leave. I also don't want to have to be a divorcee @ 37, not because my husband and i don't love each other, but because of where we live. I don't want to be alone at this age and start over again.

Things have gone on too far here. Time for action is now !! If it gets any worse there won't be any way to not leave. Got to get the support of all you on line people to make this happen. First by the support of this blog and your dedication to keep reading it, 2nd for support once I start a kick start to get this published and 3rd to actually reading my book, or more hopefully books when they are out. Please help this blogger who loves her family and home town the chance to get out there and make something of herself and make something of her town and give her family something they can be proud about and be proud of where they choose to raise her and live.

No comments:

Post a Comment